Talent Acquisition Specialist - 12 Month Term
Ottawa, Ontario (180 Kent Street)
Director, Human Resources
Minto Group Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company - proudly creating better places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. With expertise in home building, construction and property and investment management, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 15,000 multi-residential units and carry 2.7 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.9 billion in assets.
Our business is comprised of four divisions with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, and flexible summer hours in many locations … and much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
This position operates out of our Ottawa office, and will support all facets of recruiting for a variety of hiring managers/operational units across Ottawa and Montreal.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
Who we’re looking for:
- Advisor to hiring managers and main point of contact for all hiring needs.
- Work with HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand short-term and long-term recruitment needs and business requirements.
- Play a key role in strategic talent acquisition initiatives and programs including student programs/campus recruitment.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with vendor agencies and job boards.
- Play a key role in analyzing and leveraging recruitment metrics (Indeed, LinkedIn, ATS, etc.).
- Translate customer workforce plan into viable, efficient and timely recruitment strategies.
- Partner with hiring managers to confirm position requirements and proposed strategy, set expectations and ensure the right resources and solutions are in place to meet needs.
- Responsible for recruitment life cycle with support from HR Coordinator - position posting, lead generation, candidate sourcing and screening, coordination of interviews, manager education, reference checks and candidate evaluation.
- Build talent pool/network of key positions through anticipatory sourcing and selection.
- Lead select Recruiting-related projects based on business requirements.
Post-secondary education and/or Human Resources Certification. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a diverse and high-volume recruiting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide viable, cost-efficient and timely recruiting results based on customer hiring requirements.
- Basic project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Must possess own vehicle and be able to travel to a variety of our Ottawa sites.
- Knowledge of construction and/or property management industries, and familiarity with student programs are desirable.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, innovative candidate sourcing and in-depth networking knowledge/ability, with a keen eye for finding great diverse candidates.
- Ability and confidence to partner with/influence all levels of management.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and listening skills.
- Organized and highly efficient with strong time management skills to enable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- The ability to excel in working with a high degree of autonomy, with a sense of urgency and oriented towards getting results.
- Professionalism (ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality).
- Bilingualism in both French and English is considered an asset.
- Flexible team player.
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.