REGISTERED NURSE (2)
CORPORATE CRITICAL CARE PROGRAM
REGULAR PART-TIME & TEMPORARY PART-TIME
DAY/NIGHT;Weekend Schedule; 12 hour shifts (Subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH BOWMANVILLE (may be requested to work at other ICU/CCU sites)
$33.23 - $47.57 per hour
ONA-2000000134 & 140
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Critical Care practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RN in CCU will utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. The RN CCU will participate as a member of the Multidisciplinary Care Team. As an individual practitioner, the CCU RN will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice and maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Critical Care Certificate, preferred, or must provide proof of enrolment in the Certificate Program and successfully obtain the Certificate;
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- Current B.C.L.S.;
- Must have completed Coronary Care Level 3;
- Experience in Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit/Cardiopulmonary required;
- IV Start Certification, Cardiac Monitoring course and Certification in defibrillation;
- Demonstrated ventilator and haemodynamic monitoring skills;
- Proven EKG interpretation, defibrillation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing and patient assessment skills;
- Demonstrated conflict management abilities;
- Proven effective organizational, critical thinking, prioritization, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team in an ever-changing environment;
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
- Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- Physically capable to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with assistance;
- B.Sc.N. and ACLS, preferred;
- Epidural/PCA pain management skills, preferred;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-services in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.