This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role at a fast-growing company and work side by side with some of the top craft breweries in the province! Northern Canning is a mobile canning company based in the Greater Toronto Area that packages craft beer, cider and other beverages all over southern Ontario. Our team consists of like minded individuals working towards a goal of impacting the craft beverage market in a positive way. We are locally owned, independent and owner-operated. Please see more about who we are at www.northerncanning.com or @northerncanning on Instagram.
We are seeking a dependable, hard-working individual to join the team. A canning line operator runs canning lines and other equipment on-site at customer locations, working in many different craft breweries, integrating packaging with the brewing equipment and supervises the operation to ensure an efficient high-quality packaging service.
We have taken many extra precautions to protect our staff and customers during the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to follow the advice of medical professionals and public health. As an essential service in the supply chain for many beverage companies across Ontario, we have been dedicated to safely and efficiently continuing to operate with minimal interruption.
- Operates canning line and accessory equipment
- Communicates with customers about requirements and quality to ensure smooth operations, high quality service, and customer satisfaction.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment
- Prepping truck with materials prior to canning runs
- Enforcing quality control, efficiency, and accurate statistical tracking
- Working closely with brewery owners, head brewers, and all brewery staff
- Troubleshooting beer conditions and mechanical problems
- Performs any logistical duties as needed for the provision of an onsite packaging service
- Experience in the beer industry preferred
- You enjoy working with your hands and have the mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment on site
- You’re a self-starter who takes pride in his/her work and goes the extra mile to get a job done right
- You already know that long, irregular hours are commonplace in the beer industry
- Traveling to craft breweries throughout Ontario sounds like a cool perk to you
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay positive and work with all types of personalities and customers
- Reliable access to personal transportation to headquarters and to customer sites
- Experience driving a trailer is an asset
Job Type: Full-time