Southeast College, a consecutive winner of Saskatchewan's Top Employers is currently recruiting for a general business instructor, with a well developed acumen in agriculture related fields. Classes, due to COVID, will be hosted virtually. Working with adult professional learners in the agriculture field, the instructor will conduct appropriate level of instruction in various general business areas.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- This position is responsible to facilitate adult professional students in a business setting
- Maintain contacts with industry as required
- Under minimum supervision, conducts instruction as specified in program curriculum guide and related materials
- Maintains a learning environment that is professional, respectful and supports application and retention
- Uses a variety of instructional methods, materials, and techniques
- Meets and instructs classes as designated
- Prepares for all classes assigned
- Maintains accurate, complete, and up-to-date records
This position requires the ability to make routine decisions regarding the everyday operation of the classes assigned.
- Plans ahead for all assigned duties
- Maintains current knowledge on area of instruction
- Reacts to immediate and changing needs of students
- Provides suggestions for improving program instruction and operating procedures
This position requires regular interaction with students and the general public.
- Communicates frequently with students, and other College staff
- Communicates with general public
- Establishes positive rapport with students, industry and public clients
- Function within the policies and administrative procedures of the College and partners
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned
- Attend all meetings and in-service training as needed
- Travel independently to fulfill the requirements of the position
- Some overnight travel may be required
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates valuing diversity
- Functional knowledge of on-line tools such as Google Classroom and Zoom for instructional purposes
Education and Experience
- Work within the agriculture industry and familiarity with the SK agriculture landscape is required. This could be someone who has worked as an agrologist, agronomist, water resource specialist, or crop adjustor.
- Good communication, analytical, conflict resolution, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed
- Comfortable working with computers and teaching online
- Experience working with producers
- Demonstrating recognition, empathy and understanding of producer concerns
- Preference may be given to applicants who can demonstrate experience dealing with the Crop Insurance Program, applying or navigating policies or regulations, and/or experience utilizing the legal land location system
APPLY BY August 21, 2020.
Reference ID: Instructor, General Business
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $275.00-$450.00 per day