Active Safety Management Inc. is a first aid and safety personnel company operating in the Construction Industry, mainly in the Lower Mainland. Our Vision is to create safe communities through collaboration & innovation. ASM has been in operation since 2009 and continues to grow. Our company is run by our vision and our values which consist of Positive Players, Professional, Walk the Talk, Invest in People and Above and Beyond.
We are seeking a Field Safety Coordinator to join our company, this individual will have an opportunity to grow and develop skills, be a part of a positive team and to make their mark on a growing business.
Our successful candidate will resonate with our Vision and Values and he/she will be an important part of our team. This person will be integral in maintaining connection and communication between the management team at head office, field staff and clients.
Positive and Winning Personality:
You feel confident working with diverse personalities and are approachable with strong conflict resolutions skills. You thrive on thinking outside of the box and building solutions which are concise, effective, efficient and well received. You have a positive outlook and seek collaborative solutions to workplace safety.
The Field Safety Coordinator with Active Safety Management is involved in the overall organization of staff and client relations as well as monitoring for safety. Reporting to the Safety Manager, your main duty is to ensure that the company and staff are complying and adhering to WorkSafeBC rules and regulations and company best practice. This is a split role between field and office and will require the candidate to fill in as an onsite Safety Officer or First Aid Attendant where and when needed.
The day-to-day tasks would include, but are not limited to:
· Support Active Safety Management Field Employees and client Site Supervisors
· Conduct Safety inspections, observe personnel and operations for possible safety concerns and mentorship opportunities
· Send reports on site observations to clients, staff and ASM management
· Conduct accident and injury investigations as needed
· Communicate effectively with Site Superintendents and field staff regarding compliance and safety concerns
· Collaborate with the safety team to promote a positive safety attitude and develop new initiatives, policies & procedures
· Conduct NYW orientations for new staff
· Support the success of the JOH&S Committee
· Assist with safety administration work as needed
· Fill in as an Active OFA and or Site Safety Officer when needed
· Out of town work – As we are gaining more out of town projects, they will need to be visited on a bi-weekly or monthly basis
A highly-motivated individual who enjoys learning new skills and is adaptable with a willingness to learn. Candidate will be competent in site administration and safety management and is able to work with minimal supervision.
In addition to identifying with Active Safety Management values the candidate should also possess the following:
Compensation - $28 per hour. Benefits plan and Km’s
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity please email us an updated resume.
No phone calls please
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $28.00 /hour