Reason for Post :
Position Status :
Work Shifts :
CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Job Territory :
Support for Elderly Autonomy Directorate
Service :Reference number :
Number of days :Length of Assignment :Work Schedule :Salary :Number of positions available :
Job Category :
Paratechnical personnel (BA, HSSA, Sterilization Attendant, etc.)
Posting Start Date :
Posting End Date :
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC is currently looking for dynamic ward aids to support the teams of the CHSLD Herron.
A ward aid is a person who performs work of a general nature to support caring teams such as cleaning, maintaining and putting away materials and equipment used. Prepares and distributes certain products.
Food and hydration
- Prepare water jugs
- Distribute water jugs to the residents
- Distribute snacks to the residents
- Distribute meal trays to the residents
- Clean users’ tables before and after meals
- Help prepare meal trays (wash residents’ hands, remove food covers, open sugar or salt packets, put sugar in coffee, etc.)
- Help feed the residents (those who do not have health problems or dysphagia, etc.)
- Collect and properly dispose of meal trays
Communication and resident safety
- Provide follow-ups, over the phone, on the well-being of the residents with the families (reassure them and answer their questions)
- Help residents use tablets to communicate with their families
- In some cases, answer call bells and notify health care staff as required
Laundry and Tidying
- Put away personal belongings as required (e.g., tidy up room on admission, gather effects in the room after a death)
- Wash the residents’ clothing in places where this task is assigned to the beneficiary attendant
- Sort, fold, and put away the residents’ clothes as required
- Help change bedding, as required
- Bring materials up to the units and fill the carts with bedding/materials as required
- Take the bags of soiled laundry and bedding to the laundry/laundry chute
- Accompany residents on outings outside (walk according to ability) after clinical team’s approval
- Balcony, outside, patio, garden
- Provide support with leisure activities (reading, games, etc.)
- Assist the physiotherapist with walking exercises by pushing a wheelchair while the resident is walking
- Promote hand washing: when entering/leaving the units
- Being willing to work in an environment where there are patients affected by COVID;
- Apply all infection prevention and control measures;
- Be willing to work physically;
- Being able to initiate and maintain interpersonal communications;
- Have a great capacity for adaptation;
- Be able to communicate in English;
- Capability to go to 2400 Chemin Herron à Dorval (H9S 5W3) on the 3 shifts.
- The selected candidates will be hired by the West Island of Montreal IHSSUC.
- A premium of 4% or 8% applies to all employees of the health network.
- Premium bonuses apply for evening, night and weekend shifts.
- The employer applies all government directives related to infection prevention and control.
- Employees will receive training before the first day of work, in particular on the use of protective equipment and the application of the principles of safe movement of beneficiaries.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.