We are currently searching for an experienced and dynamic General Manager, for our Newfoundland operations. Based at our St. John’s terminal and reporting to the Vice-President, Operations, the General Manager oversees all aspects of the Newfoundland Operations, including Administration, Terminal Operations, Maintenance, Inland Transportation, Safety & Security, as well as Labour Relations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and to support and foster the highest level of commitment to safety throughout all areas of responsibility;
- Ensure departmental team meets its objectives in support of the company's overall objectives. Review and monitor subordinates’ performance and make recommendations regarding employees' development, promotion and salary increase;
- Responsible for preparation of budgets and assessment of all departmental productivity levels;
- Negotiate and implement Collective Agreements;
- Oversee an extensive Occupational Health & Safety program and training requirements for staff;
- Member of Emergency Response Team;
- Work cooperatively with Sales and Marketing team to cost effectively deliver the highest possible level of customer service and satisfaction;
- Responsible for quoting and arranging work associated with third party ships at Newfoundland ports;
- Director of the St. John’s Shipping Assoc., which is the Employers’ Association responsible for all issues affecting the Port of St. John’s;
- Trustee on the St. John’s Shipping Association/I.L.A. Pension Trust Fund Committee;
- Responsible for all contract negotiations;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University Degree (Business or Engineering) College diploma in Transportation Management or a related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- 5 - 8 years related experience;
- Extensive transportation knowledge;
- Strong cost management background;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational and priority management skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Client oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
You are interested and believe you have all the qualifications? Please forward your resume as soon as possible at:
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.