Date Posted: November 04, 2021
Application Deadline: November 18, 2021
Wage: $15/hour (may be eligible for wage increase upon successful completion of the onboarding period)
Job Type: Full-time (25-37.5 hours per week)
Shifts: Days, evenings and weekends
Posting ID: 28-RA
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Retail Team Member? Reporting to the Store manager, we are looking for a positive, team oriented individual to work on merchandising, rotating stock and providing GREAT customer service.
What you’ll be doing:
· Providing exceptional customer service at all times in a variety of situations.
· Hanging, displaying and merchandising new stock in the retail store.
· Pulling and rotating merchandise as per regular stock rotation schedule.
· Processing customer purchases accurately and efficiently.
· Informing customers of in-store promotions and weekly sales.
What you bring to the table:
· A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
· Minimum age of 16 or older
· The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
· The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
· The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis
· You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
· You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
· You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
· You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
· You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
· You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
· You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
· You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email by November 18, 2021 with Posting ID: 28-RA, First Name and Last Name in the subject line We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
Reference ID: 28-RA
Application deadline: 2021-11-18
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour