A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury service.
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
Reporting to the Landscape Leadership team, this position is mainly responsible for performing the daily shunting service of waste bins from designated garbage rooms to a prescribed location for removal from property by others. The Waste Removal Operator will also be assigned activities to assist with landscaping duties as assigned by the Landscape Leadership team as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Daily shunting of waste bins from various locations across property to and from designated location for removal by outside waste management company
- Safe operation of a tractor with hydraulic rear attachment for lifting and transporting commercial size waste containers
- Maintain lawns by mowing, raking, edging, watering, weeding, aerating, fertilizing, and seeding
- Operation of tractor and water trailer to hydrate plantings located across the Resort
- Watering of areas without irrigation including beds and planter boxes
- Responsible for maintaining flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and performing other maintenance
- Maintain the appearance of planters, or other ground features by cleaning, replacing, or making repairs
- Accountable for maintaining grounds by clearing brush and debris by sweeping, cleaning up litter and clearing drains; this includes trimming shrubs and trees
- Roadway snow removal operation using heavy equipment (3/4-ton pickup, AWD loader, tractor)
- Gravel surface grading and restoration using heavy equipment (AWD Loader)
- General landscape material shunting using heavy equipment
- Power washing of surfaces including buildings and hard pavement
- Monitor and maintain condition of playground and sports areas including basketball court, tennis court, playground
- Monitor operation of irrigation systems
- Ensure daily checks are completed throughout the Nature Preserve trails and that the trails are maintained, free and clear of debris
- Snow removal of resort areas including plowing, snow blowing, snow shoveling, salt application
- Grooming of the beach area as well as ski trails and assist with skating rink clearing and maintenance
- Maintenance of concrete pavers (replace and relevel)
- Lay down mulch, wood chips, peat moss and other soil moisturizers
- Repair and plant various floral displays including streetscapes and tree-planting
- Remove and bag garbage from all exterior receptacles
- Perform routine maintenance and landscaping renovation tasks
- Ensure soil in different locations is of right quality and in good condition for planting and maintaining plant growth
- Maintain plants by planting, transplanting, cultivating,irrigating and pruning
- Snow removal of resort areas including snow blowing, snow shoveling salt application etc.
- Operate and maintain a variety of maintenance equipment such as cord trimmer, mower, snowblower, side by side, back pack blower, ventrac, chain saw etc.
- Support to ensure signage in general across the Resort is in place and in good condition.
- Maintain the appearance and safety of sidewalks, driveways, cart paths, or parking lots by filling in cracks, holes, and making other repairs
- Document and maintain general logs and report on daily activities
- Assist with set up and maintenance of seasonal recreation activities
- Identify potential and current pests and diseases, performing techniques such as Integrated Pest Management to control or mitigate plant pests/diseases
- Perform routine maintenance on landscaping equipment and/or tools to ensure they are in good working condition
- Execute proper landscaping techniques and utilize equipment, power tools, small machinery, and hand tools as well as proper handling of all materials
- Will routinely load/unload equipment on trailers/trucks and safely transport equipment and materials resort wide
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in grounds maintenance and gardening
- Previous experience using large landscape equipment including but not limited to: ¾ ton pickup truck with snow blade and salter, large all wheel drive loader with bucket/blade/snowblower, large tractor with bucket/blade/snowblower, etc.
- Previous experience using small landscape equipment including but not limited to; line trimmer, backpack blower, small had tools, skid steer, push mowers, golf cart, power washer and other equipment as assigned
- Residential irrigation knowledge an asset
- Previous experience driving a snowmobile and using a snowblower
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be physically capable of properly lifting heavy materials on a regular basis.
- A valid Canadian driver's license is required (a satisfactory driver's abstract is required as a condition of employment)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- In addition, there is a requirement for night shift through the winter months for snow removal responsibilities.
- there is a requirement for night shift through the winter months for snow removal responsibilities.
- Majority of work is outdoor through all seasons in all weather conditions.
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
- Will encounter obnoxious smell from waste water, gasoline and diesel fuels
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals
- May encounter excessive noise from engines and equipment
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.