REPORT AND ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Executive Director
1. Welcome and direct clients and walk-in public.
2. Using the internal booking system, schedule client appointments when requested with appropriate staff.
3. Work with and assist in the training of volunteer receptionists.
4. Maintain cleanliness of all reception areas.
1. Receive, and distribute incoming mail (including e-mail) or respond to e-mails as appropriate.
2. Oversee maintenance of all office equipment, including postage meter, main photocopier laminator and binding machine, etc.
3. Oversee monitoring of bathroom and kitchen supplies. Order as necessary with the approval of supervisor.
4. Assist with designing of various forms as needed.
5. Proof-read documents for accuracy when requested.
6. Assist staff with Administrative duties, i.e. filing, copying, binding, laminating or scanning documents.
7. Maintain database for the various agency projects, mailing and others as deemed appropriate by program staff.
8. Provide or assist with securing of translation services for promotional/educational materials.
9. Working with IT and other service providers, assist with IT duties, i.e. server backup, website update, posting of employment opportunities and other program updates.
10. In consultation with Manager of Programs and Services, assist with development/facilitation of Agency conferences and other special events.
1. Ensure all outgoing appointments (requested by physician or staff) are booked and appointment cards provided to clients. Direct clients requesting an appointment with the clinicians are directed to the appropriate medical staff.
2. Enter and update patient demographic information in Klinix, charts, and OCHART list; and process billing in the Klinix program.
3. Forward accurate billing information to the Ministry of Health by uploading to their website via MCEDT. Investigate any error reports and resubmit claims.
4. File and maintain billing records and update Billing Procedures Manual.
5. Download and install software/program updates, install hardware (for billing).
6. Prepare charts, paperwork and other materials for clinicians.
7. Maintain an organized and tidy file room.
8. Assure all lab reports are forwarded to the HCV Treatment Nurse.
Board Liaison Duties
1. Attend Board meetings and complete minutes.
2. Contact Board members to ensure attendance and quorum; assure availability of Board package.
3. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
4. Working with the Manager of Finances and Administration, assist in the development of the annual general meeting and necessary reports.
Responsibilities to: The Executive Director
1. Consult and update the Executive Director on all issues pertaining to Medical and Office Administration Assistant position.
2. Attend morning (Monday through to Thursday) Direct Client and Clinical Services huddle meetings.
3. Attend bi-weekly Team Meetings.
1. Assist in fundraising projects and/or other duties as deemed important and appropriate by the Executive Director and mutually agreed upon.
· Secondary/post-secondary education in clerical / administration OR minimum of 2 to 5 years with field related experience.
· Proficient in English and French.
· Working knowledge with internet and data base.
· Superior organizational and administrative skills.
· Time management skills and multitasking.
· Self directed, able to take initiative, be a team player and capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with person of all backgrounds.
· The Medical and Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Executive Director.
· Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, squat, twist, lift light loads, and the ability to do sedentary work.
· Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
· 35 hour work week, approved overtime compensated by time off in lieu.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $19.17 /hour