The Edgewood Health Network Canada offers a unique approach to the treatment of addiction and related mental health disorders across the country. We offer a wide range of options, available in both English and French, depending on each individual’s specific needs. Addiction and other related mental health problems are serious, persistent and challenging. But, so are we. The journey to recovery is never easy. But we are confident that we will navigate it successfully – together. Lighthouse – EHN Halifax is seeking Psychiatrists to assist in our newest addictions and mental health facility Opening in 2020.
Job Function and Duties:
- Duties include clinical evaluation and treatment in residential settings, particularly with clients presenting with mood and anxiety, PTSD, personality disorders and substance use disorders.
- Teaching and supervision of medical students and psychiatry residents.
- Participating in team rounds, case conferences to develop a treatment plan for clients.
- Reviewing case files and assessing suitability for program intake.
Applicants must hold an MD and be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia.
- Previous work in a residential/inpatient setting considered an asset.
- Eligible for an academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor at the University of Toronto considered an asset.
- 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement.
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
EHN Canada is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Psychiatry: 3 years (Required)
- Addiction/ Mental Health: 1 year (Required)
- Doctoral Degree (Required)