A well established and growing piling and drilling contractor on Vancouver Island is looking for a Controller/Office Manager working out of our Duncan office. This person will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for the growing construction business.
This will be hands on with job costing, as well as the oversight of payroll and tax remittances. You will report directly to the CFO, giving the person great exposure and opportunity to have a real impact on the success of the business. Will also need to interact regularly with the operational teams to support any ad-hoc needs and projects as the company continues its path of growth. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on involvement in providing Accounting Services (payroll, AP, AR and general accounting);
- Working with the project management team on project accounting and costing;
- Preparing weekly and monthly project reports for operations and management;
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance and implementation of Sage Contractor;
- Managing AP and AR, and monitoring cash flow.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting role within a small to medium private organization; preferably within the construction industry;
- Completion of profession designation would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy
- Process-oriented thinking with strong analytical skills and a detail-oriented commitment to excellence;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and excel is a must, and experience Sage Contractor would be an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package that will be commensurate with experience. If you are interested in a career with an organization that is growing and is committed to its employees, please respond by submitting a cover letter and a resume.
Job Type: Full-time