At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As part of the dynamic Materials and Processes Core engineering team you will be responsible to perform a diversified range of engineering functions primarily related to the development and approbation of NDT inspection procedures to support the fleet. You will also participate to research and development projects involving new materials and emerging/advanced NDT technologies.
In your role, you will:
- Develop in-service Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) procedures for various aircraft platforms.
- Design NDI Calibration Reference Standard for in-service use.
- Participate to the development of technical documents related to NDT processes.
- Offer NDT expertise and support to the Bombardier Experimental group for the inspection of their test rigs.
- Perform technical reviews (Procedures, Technique sheets) of manufacturing NDT processes requiring approval.
- Provide primary technical expertise and leadership in resolving manufacturing issues in the Operations, Quality, Customer Support and Supply Chain departments.
- Perform technical audits of suppliers and follow-ups on corrective actions.
- Be required to handle difficult issues and make challenging technical decisions.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an engineering degree or a College diploma in engineering (Materials, Metallurgy or Mechanical). Equivalencies will be considered on a case by case basis.
- You are certified as a CGSB, ASNT or NAS-410 NDT Level 3 in Eddy Current and Ultrasonic testing and you are certified or have an in depth knowledge of Radiography, Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Infrared Thermography testing.
- You have a minimum of five years of experience in NDT in the aerospace industry.
- You are knowledgeable about typical NDT aerospace codes and standards, NADCAP, and with the development of Non Destructive Inspection procedures.
- You are familiar with the non-destructive inspection methodologies of composite materials, assemblies, aircraft structures, aerospace terminology and technical drawings.
- You have shown strong leadership, problem solving, project, and time/priority management skills in your past assignments and require minimum supervision.
- You accept to travel occasionally on a last minute notice.
- You have a good working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, etc.
- You have excellent communication skills (written and spoken) both in French and English.
- You know how to conduct NDT technical audits in-line with your field of expertise.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
07.11.2019, 5:25:21 PM