ActiveState Platform - made by developers for developers! We are reinventing build engineering with an on-demand SaaS Platform and CLI tool that lets developers automate the building of any runtime environment using any open source language ecosystem on any platform. In Beta right now, we support Python and Perl and we're hiring to add more languages and packages! We're building an ambitious language distribution platform so that no engineer ever has to suffer dependency hell again, and we need your help to do it!
To help drive ActiveState's next stage of growth of sales of our SaaS platform, we are seeking an energetic, results-oriented Inside Sales Representative. Reporting to the VP Sales, the Inside Sales Representative is responsible for converting inbound prospects into orders and customers. Answering customer/user inquiries and retaining customers is also part of this role's responsibilities. You will work and learn from other members of the team so if you like to be around energetic and motivated people, this would be a great place for you to work.
This position is based out of our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Remote work is available during the current health situation and depending on the position may be considered afterwards, as long as you are able to work on a schedule that aligns with our core North American business hours of 10:00am - 4:00pm PST.
If you are driven by helping customers and driving sales then we want to hear from you.
- Help meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets for ActiveState Platform Team and Business Tier for both new and renewing subscriptions
- Manage and respond to incoming inquiries from prospects, customers and resellers over email, service tickets, live chat, and phone
- Help educate customers on legacy licensing and solutions on the migration to ActiveState Platform
- For leads that turn into Enterprise sales, qualify and gather requirements in order to pass to senior account executives
- Provide quotes, product and upgrade information
- Reach out to customers to maximize renewals and promote new versions of products
- Assist with post-sales customer service (non-technical) as required
- Provide weekly updates to management
- Maintain knowledge of ActiveState and competitor solutions
Education, Experience, Skills
- 1 to 2 years minimum experience in customer service, sales support, or sales in IT/software
- Post-secondary education/diploma in sales, marketing, business, or other related field
- Training in phone-based customer service and sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in self-directed and multi-task in a high volume environment
- Self-motivated, driven to hit sales targets and satisfy customers
- Proactive, resourceful, strong attention to detail and able to work with minimal supervision
- Highly proficient computer skills including use of CRM or ticket management system
- Technical aptitude and interest in technology
- A fun and positive attitude, and a great sense of humor!
Working At ActiveState
ActiveState has a collaborative, respectful, and professional culture. We're all about working together to find the best solutions, and making sure that the experience of doing so is positive for everyone involved. There is a commitment from the CEO on down to making work at ActiveState a great experience for all.
Our company is a team of 50+ and growing, with 2/3rds of the positions in technical roles. We maintain a set of core, overlapping hours, but we're flexible with specific start and end times and are understanding about appointments and life events.
Our vision is to have an ActiveState solution on every device on every planet, so we certainly don't lack for ambition! But even though we're ambitious we don't expect work to become your life. We know you will do your best work in a positive environment free from death marches. For more about working at ActiveState and our Glassdoor rating go to www.activestate.com/careers ( http://www.activestate.com/careers ).
How to Apply
Please submit your contact info, resume, and a cover letter below. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to creating a welcoming environment for everyone at ActiveState and we welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Even if you don't feel you meet every exact requirement, we still would love to hear from you and why you think you would be an awesome addition to our team and we encourage you to apply.