Join a growing Healthcare Consulting Firm that has been helping doctors for 26 years!
The Lease Analyst (LA) works as part of the Healthcare Leasing Team. The LA will be assigned client files by the Senior Director. The LA is responsible for all research, data collection and related analysis in order to prepare and complete the client file. This will include information gathering from various stakeholders and the utilization of proprietary and licensed resources in order to prepare a summary of the client’s current leasing situation.
In addition to file preparation, the LA will be tasked to provide support to the Lease Negotiation team with particular emphasis on report preparation as well as comparative analysis and review of documentation to assist with the formulation of a negotiation strategy for our clients.
- Prepare detailed background client information, review and analyze client’s current lease documentation and conduct thorough market research to assess viable options
- Using existing proprietary and other licensed databases such as Costar to assess current suitable space availability and general market conditions for the client.
- Ensuring all applicable, signed documentation has been collected and reviewed
- Communicate with sales associates, sales manager, Senior Director and clients as may be required in order to gather required information and ensure that all relevant documentation and communications are on file.
- Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing commercial lease documentation (leases, offers, letters of intent, amending agreements, assignments, Estoppels, etc.), flagging any areas of concern and articulating findings into concise checklists for Lease Negotiator review.
- Cross-referencing multiple documents and monitoring critical dates.
- Comparing cross-referenced data and ensuring terms agreed on in Letter of Intent/Offer to Lease documentation has been incorporated into formal lease documents.
- Ensure all relevant dates and lease information is correctly entered into salesforce.com (SF).
- Maintain and update client notes and any additional information in SF including internal and external communications and progress related to client files.
- Develop and refine analytical skills and leasing knowledge by working with the Lease Negotiators, Sales Associates and Senior Director.
- Complete client file within given time-frame and return to the Senior Director for quality review.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary interpersonal and time management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of brokerage, landlord and/or commercial real estate industry
- Ability to understand and interpret complex lease terminology and clauses
- A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all tasks
- 1-2 years working experience in a brokerage, landlord or commercial real estate industry
- University or college degree (specialization in the areas of Real Estate, Urban Planning and/or Development).
- Familiarity with commercial real estate leases ideally acquired while working in a real estate brokerage, landlord or real estate organization
- Real Estate or Brokerage License is an asset
- Paralegal or legal assistant experience is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Real Estate Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Legal Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19