"People Moving Energy"
Hiring Journeyperson Auto Mechanic!
Branches Hiring: Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Family Orientated
- Competitive Wages
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Great Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Multiple Shift Options
- Scheduled Days Off
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Steady, Reliable Work
- Safety-Focused Work Environment
- Equal Opportunities
ABOUT PVT GROUP:
PVT is one of the largest privately owned energy service companies in Western Canada, serving a wide variety of oil and gas clients for nearly 20 years. PVT offers fluid, vac, and sand hauling services throughout Western Canada.
Our top-quality execution starts with our people. We take pride in having a team built on integrity and professionalism. The pride our team has coupled with industry-leading expertise ensures the highest quality service for clients. The team’s strong work ethic guarantees consistent and effective solutions to satisfy customer needs and sets PVT apart from competitors.
A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:
At PVT Group, we focus very heavily on company culture. We feel in order to set up our employees and company for success, we need to promote and sustain a working environment that is professional and inclusive for all. This philosophy has guided PVT this far very successfully and will lead us forward for years to come.
The Journeyperson Automotive Mechanic is responsible for complying with all NSC regulations regarding this position, as well as PVT’s standard safety practices. The Journeyperson Automotive Mechanic will always follow all Standard Work Procedures (SWP) and will discuss with management if not able to do so.
The Journeyperson Automotive Mechanic will be responsible for performing service and preventative maintenance on Small Auto Vehicles. Other duties include the replacement of defective parts, participating in inspections, and traveling to remote worksites to repair units. The Journeyman Automotive Mechanic will be required to maintain paperwork as required by dispatch, the safety department, and administration.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets technical manuals, and work orders, and writes service reports.
- Keeps equipment cleaned, lubricated, and maintained.
- Performs preventative and service maintenance on trucks.
- Monitors the safety and efficiency of the equipment.
- Diagnoses faults or malfunctions.
- Adjusts equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems.
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and ensures that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated requirements.
- Performs physically demanding duties such as heavy lifting, working underneath trucks, working in cramped or awkward positions, climbing on/off units & trailers, getting in/out of units, and working long hours if required.
- Provides guidance, training, and coaching to apprentices or shop hands when necessary.
- Maintains a customer-focused approach.
- Other job duties as required, as the above duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Journeyperson Automotive Technician Certification (Red Seal).
- 2-5 years of directly related experience working on Small Automotive Vehicles.
- Valid safety certifications – Standard First Aid & H2S.
- Good vision, hearing, and sense of smell, as well as physical strength & stamina.
- The ability to think logically and keep up with changes in technology.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Ability to pass standard pre-employment testing including fit-for-duty testing, drug & alcohol screening, audiogram, and mask fit.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong Communication
- Customer Focus
- Positive Attitude
- Energy & Ability to Handle Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Accountability & Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Condition of Equipment
- Ethics & Integrity
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Will require travel to other branch locations as well as project sites that require the use of personal protective equipment such as steel-toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat, and mandatory hearing protection.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Will be exposed to a variety of conditions and job scopes.
- Sitting or standing as needed, as well as walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day.
- Some physical labour is required.
- Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist as well as some lifting as required.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time hourly position. Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Some overtime hours may be required on an as-needed basis, as well as rotational on-call responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Driver's License (required)
- Journeyman (required)
Work Location: In person