Position: Security Guard (Night)
Job Number: 2020113
Location: Edmonton, AB
Type: Full-time, Permanent, Night Shift
Start Date: Immediately
Wage: Competitive Market Wage
Benefits: 50% Rental Discount, Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care) + Group Benefits + Company car
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 13,000 residential apartments in six major cities across Canada.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Security Guard is responsible for the safety and security of assigned residential building(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol assigned area to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Access Control for the facility / area
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site emergencies. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency respondents, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR support as necessary until medical professionals arrive
- Assist by responding to crimes, disturbances, vandalism that have occurred on the property and ensure appropriate law enforcement authorities are summoned
- Assist tenants with specific problems, such as safety concerns, illness or emergencies, etc.
- Protect the property and maintain a safe and welcoming environment
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorised persons found on the property in a fair and safe manner by enforcing the related act.
- Report and follow up on hazards and / or deficiencies identified during the course of duty.
- Inspect fire equipment on a daily basis
- Prepare and submit reports to Regional Manager/ Supervisor on daily basis.
- Support of JH&S program to ensure occupational safety is prioritised
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the regional manager/ Supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have minimum 2 years security guard experience
- Must have valid Provincial Security Guard license/Certificate
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Must be available to work 5 days a week, may include weekends
- Must be available to work night shifts
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Submit your resume quoting “Job No. 2020113” in the subject line to our email address. Visit our website for more information (www.mainst.biz).
Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- security guard: 2 years (Required)
- Alberta Security Guard License (Required)
- AB Class 5 driver's license (Required)