The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 190 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Lake Lenore Grocery Co-op invites applications for the position of General Manager to lead their team.
Reporting to a Board of Directors, the General Manager (GM) has overall strategic, fiscal and operational responsibility for the Co-op, including the management and coordination of the team. The GM will provide leadership to the Co-op’s strategic planning process and initiatives focusing on the continual improvement of the Co-op’s business model, ensuring the long-term financial integrity and viability of the Co-op.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all aspects of managing a $1.2 million retail operation, including a Food Store and Greenhouse.
2. Overseeing the team members in day to day operations including financial results.
3. Reporting to the Board of Directors.
4. Promoting the Co-op brand within the Co-op and the Community.
5. Maintaining high image standards.
- Previous retail management experience.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong inventory control and accounts receivable skills.
- Strong guest service skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and delegation experience.
- Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, innovation, and teamwork.
For more information about the community of Lake Lenore, please visit:
Please Apply Online or submit a detailed résumé in confidence on or before April 24, 2020 to:
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL)
Box 1050, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
401 – 22nd Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0H2