Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit community services agency. Since 1976, we have provided community support, home and personal health care services in a holistic manner to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those with medical needs in the Greater Toronto, York, and Mississauga regions.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Receptionist to join our Specialist Clinic at our Scarborough location.
- Provide administrative and clinical support to the Specialist Clinic to ensure smooth daily operations
- Schedule, follow-up, and confirm appointments for clients with respect to tests, procedures, and appointments with practitioners
- Assist the practitioners to complete minor patient health assessments/intake
- Provide basic referral, navigation, and resource information to clients
- Maintain patient files, charts, and reports, and enter data into the Electronic Medical Records system
- Ensure billing submissions are handled in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Ensure all patient records are organized and maintain a proper filing system
- Keep the front desk and waiting areas neat and organized
- Diploma in Health Care Administration or Medical Office Administration
- At least 2 years’ of front desk experience in a healthcare facility
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of OHIP billing and coding
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as being able to accept work from various sources (physicians, nurses, office manager)
- Well organized and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Fluent in English, and a second language that reflects the community served, such as Cantonese, Mandarin
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, EMR systems (Telus Practice Solutions)
- A valid vulnerable sector police record check completed within one year
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and résumé to:
The Hiring Committee, Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association
300 Silver Star Blvd | Scarborough | ON | M1V 0G2
Fax: (416) 502-2382
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- healthcare receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cantonese (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)