The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Smiles, make eye contact, greets and thanks customers (by name where possible).
- Directs customer to the location of requested items.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they get home with all they need.
- Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire!”).
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Operates cash register and all point of sales functions.
- Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
- Maintains merchandise around the cash area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently (e.g., labels, facing, clean area, etc.).
- Takes returns to stock product in respective department.
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Alerts management to security problems.
- Alerts the respective department on any customer inquiry or concern.
- Shares opinions and ideas on how to improve store success.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required; listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Ability to operate a cash register
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with computerized systems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in a customer service role and/or with a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- cashier/ customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Smiths Falls, ON (Preferred)