You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Ryder is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Service Employee I. The position works with the Maintenance Team to ensure that vehicles are prepped and transferred to the appropriate location within the facility. This role assists the team to organize the Shop and ensure that vehicles are presentable and ready for customers. Joining Ryder as a Service Employee is a great way to get your career started, with opportunities to move into Lube Technician roles and work toward our Heavy Duty Apprentice Mechanic training program. Ryder supports top performers to complete academic and practical requirements for becoming a Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Fuel Vehicles
- Wash and detail vehicles. Move heavy duty vehicles
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies and procedures. Check tire pressure. Report service issues to shop
- Record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies.
- Perform some facility maintenance. Perform minor maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Changing tires
- Inspecting refrigeration units on trucks
- Emptying trash
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Must be able to understand customer's verbal communication
- Understand computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Must be able to read and understand codes and instructions on the computer
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Must be able to work different locations
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- No prior experience required preferred
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Maintenance Support
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 905-302-3924.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 905-302-3924.