Position: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Director
Location: Montreal, Quebec
About the Role
At MATT & NAT, we count on our marketing department to promote our business and drive sales of our products. We’re looking for an experienced and avant-garde Social Media Specialist to develop and implement our social media strategy with the aim to increase online presence and improve marketing and sales efforts. You will act as the voice of the MATT & NAT brand on all our feeds, building brand awareness across all relevant social media channels and ensuring superior customer engagement is achieved. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of how social media channels operate, is an excellent communicator, and a creative writer who can generate consistent and meaningful content on all social media platforms.
What you’ll do
You leverage current and emerging social media technologies to create an exceptional online experience for our customers:
- Develop and maintain the social media budget, strategy and activity calendar ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Create engaging and innovative content for all relevant social media channels that attract prospective customers and followers, ensuring adherence to MATT & NAT’s brand guidelines.
- Responsible for executing posts and campaigns across social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, maintaining a constant level of engagement with customers.
- Responsible for growing MATT & NAT’s brand following via social media and for fostering the flow of user-generated content.
- Evaluate and report on social media and content KPIs; testing and measuring initiatives, making recommendations for optimizing content and improving the performance of social media campaigns.
- Partner and create a strong network with influencers and bloggers to reinforce brand positioning, brand awareness and complement our content creation efforts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to recommend and execute effective approaches to paid social content which support campaign objectives.
- Partner with internal departments to monitor the brand reputation by reviewing the customer feedback disclosed via social media and respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Continually seek out and explore new developments in the social media landscape to more effectively deliver communication, be it via latest social media trends, best practices, and/or new technologies.
Who you are
- You are a positive and motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are creative in your thinking and like to develop new ideas and campaigns.
- You demonstrate a strong teamwork spirit.
- You have an eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight timelines.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- You demonstrate excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You possess strong organizational skills and have the capability of managing your own time.
- You are savvy with social media and thrive on social interaction.
- You are resourceful in collecting and generating content on fashion trends and products.
- You are skilled at developing compelling brand and product content.
- You are eager to learn about MATT & NAT’s brand standards and guidelines but are also not afraid to share your ideas and apply your own talent and knowledge.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in fashion retail.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and key success factors.
- Proven track record of cultivating and growing a loyal customer base via social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in French and English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible time schedule to attend to on-demand and real-time nature of social media.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)