Our company is growing again, and we are looking for an experienced Interlock Foreman to join our team for seasons to come.
NeighborScape Inc., headquartered in Greely/Manotick area, has been servicing residential and commercial clients since 2006 with a complete range of landscape design, construction and maintenance services.
We are seeking a reliable, honest and hardworking Interlock Foreman to join our landscaping construction division. As an Interlock Foreman, you will lead a crew on landscaping and remodelling projects of varying scale with concrete precast products as the main focus. Projects include, but are not limited to: patios, retaining walls, pools, garden walls, steps, pillars.
Why work for Neighborscape?
- Our family owned company values each and every member of our team, and believes that employee satisfaction and morale is always the number one priority.
- We use state of the art machinery and are always upgrading and maintaining machinery, tools and work vehicles..
- Salary option available to select candidates
- Monday to Friday work week
- Extra hours always available if requested
- Performance bonuses for outstanding work
- Long-term employment
- Winter work available
- AR license certification reimbursement if required
- Construction of custom outdoor projects in interlocking stone.
- Operate various tools and equipment including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, quick cuts, jackhammers, laser levels, compactors, etc.
- Follow safe work practices and directions of the Interlock Foreman.
- Ensure project quality and productivity of the job site from start to completion.
- Comply with all company and regulatory policies.
- Propose and implement solutions in areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure customer service standards are upheld in all interactions with current and prospective clients.
- Assist with preparation and clean up of all job sites.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with interlock installation of retaining walls, steps, patios, walkways, coping, etc is considered an asset.
- A portfolio/pictures of previous work completed is an asset.
- Experience in grading, sod installation, and other softscaping services is an asset.
- Experience in the safe use of handheld brick saws, table saws, packers and other landscaping equipment is mandatory.
- Experience in operating heavy machinery, including mini-ex and skid steer machines is an asset.
- Experience driving loaded trailers and landscape dump trucks with 5 tons of equipment and/or aggregate is an asset.
- Valid G driver’s license, with a clean record is required (3-year driving abstract required).
- Class AR License considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and a sense of team work is required.
- Ability to work under-pressure and use strong time management skills.
- Personal transportation to the Greely area is required.
This is a seasonal full-time position (approx. April 2020 – December 2020). There is a possibility for extension through the winter for snow removal. The position is Monday- Friday.
NeighborScape offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Performance bonuses are given to reward exceptional work.
Please ensure a valid phone number and email address is provided.
Due to the volume of applications NeighborScape receives, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be prepared to explain/present past projects you have completed.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $28.00 to $35.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Interlock: 2 years (Preferred)