We are looking for an exceptional Business Development Manager who will play a critical role in transforming our clients' facilities by implementing cutting-edge technology integrated solutions.
As part of the outside sales team, the individual will be responsible for identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities for our vertical markets in British Columbia. This position is focused on early engagement and selling through the General Contractor, Consultants, End Users and Owners. We seek a growth-minded professional with expertise in Business Development and Sales in integrated solutions to help us serve Ontario infrastructure and support our continuous growth in the region.
Delco is dedicated to achieving success in vertical markets such as healthcare, correctional facilities, higher education, commercial and industrial infrastructure.
Delco Perks & Benefits
- Retirement Support: We provide every full-time permanent employee with RRSP matching for their long term plans.
- Health & Wellness: Staying healthy is important; we provide health, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with our employee assistance program.
- Development Opportunities: We value our employee career development by offering professional support, training reimbursement program, Lunch n' Learns, etc.
- Social: We enjoy getting together at various company events.
- Culture: Come join our innovative, collaborative, and energetic environment.
- Flexibility: We try to accommodate real-life as much as possible and know that work is just a part of our daily lives.
- Develop a strategic plan for sales pursuit using Delco's 360 approach and discovering early business opportunities.
- Identify potential clients by networking, cold calling, conducting industry research, or participating in industry focus events to increase sales in our key vertical markets.
- Map clients' stakeholders, building relationships at various levels of the client's organization, and consulting with them about their business and operational challenges.
- Identify business drivers and selecting technological solutions that meet clients' specific needs.
- Proactively position Delco as a technology partner with general contractors, consultants, end-users, and owners.
- Develop, write, and deliver compelling sales presentations at the senior level of our clients' stakeholders.
- Lead numerous new opportunities and business development activities to achieve desired sales results.
- Meet or exceed individual sales targets and supporting the achievement of Delco's sales team results.
- Follow up with clients throughout the project and work with delivery teams to proactively address any issues to ensure their satisfaction with the Delco experience.
- Assist in identifying and developing strategic partner/supplier relationships.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, evaluate their suitability and potential application in our vertical markets, and demonstrate their value to our clients.
- Utilize CRM to manage customers, contacts, pipeline, and accurate closing data.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Proven track record in sales growth of integrated solutions with over 7 years of experience in business development/sales.
- Demonstrated experience in technical and consultative selling of ICAT/IMIT systems, such as Communications, Networks, Electronic Security, and Audio Visual, for various sectors including healthcare, higher education, institutional, and industrial projects.
- Proven experience and understanding of managing complex integrations and workflows.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with a growth mindset who can take initiative and work independently without constant direction or supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Adept at building and managing executive-level relationships and capable of developing networks at all levels of the client’s organization.
- Positive, outgoing, proactive, and determined nature.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical Diploma in Automation, Electrical, Electronic, or Information Technology Engineering.
- Background or experience in the healthcare industry.
Delco Security, a division of Delco Automation Inc., is a premiere integrator of security, life-safety, and information systems. As a Canadian company, we are proud to service customers from offices across Canada, focusing on medium to large-scale projects. We take an extremely flexible approach with our ability to build on existing solutions and custom design new solutions to fit our customers’ needs. Our main goal is to deliver a straightforward system integration experience while making our client’ needs a harmonized reality.
Delco Security is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
All employees are required to provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 tests weekly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- security systems sales: 2 years (preferred)
- healthcare industry: 3 years (preferred)
- Business development: 7 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person