Are you a Junior Geotechnical Engineer looking for a great environment to thrive in? If you’re ready to make an impact and be a part of a growing, dynamic company, keep reading to see if this is the career opportunity you have been looking for!
Westrek is a specialist consulting company, operating from multiple offices in British Columbia, with a focus on geotechnical engineering, geohazard assessments and mitigation, and risk management. We are a small team of professionals that use a multidisciplinary approach to create practical and innovative solutions. With our diverse talent base, Westrek has a wide range of clients, including government, First Nations, land developers, BC Hydro, pipeline operators, mining companies, and the forest industry.
At Westrek, we know our people are our number one asset. We appreciate and welcome feedback and take pride in encouraging employee engagement. Our team is made up of a vibrant range of skill sets and personalities, all collaborating to deliver superior service. We offer high levels of autonomy, a wide range of projects, opportunities for career advancement, excellent compensation, plus the chance to get outdoors for fieldwork. This is not your typical 9 to 5 job!
Who are we looking for?
A junior geotechnical engineer with a background in soil mechanics, deep and shallow foundations, soil anchors and retaining wall design, shoring, pipelines, roadways, railways, and related construction services.
We want you to:
- Coordinate geotechnical investigations, conduct analysis of the results, undertake designs, and compile reports.Provide construction monitoring for slope stabilization, foundation, and earth retention projects.
- Actively participate in identifying new opportunities for business development.
- Manage your own projects, including proposals, budgets, and schedules.
- Work with our project teams across our various business sectors, enhancing and growing our reputation.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
What you will bring to our team:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Science in civil or geological engineering, with a geotechnical focus.
- Post-university work in geotechnical engineering is considered an asset, but new graduates are welcome to apply.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- A strong understanding of soil mechanics, landforms, geotechnical design, slope stability, groundwater, seepage, and drainage.
To thrive in our team environment, we would like you to have a high level of proficiency in the following areas:
· Familiarity with inputs and outputs for geotechnical software, such as SLOPE/W or SLIDE, SETTLE3D, LPILE AND GRLWEAP.
· Ability to be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment.
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Prior experience in consulting engineering or construction.
· Experience developing business, client engagement and management, and proposal writing.
Westrek has offices in Kamloops, Squamish, Victoria, Courtenay/Comox, Salmon Arm, Quesnel, and Smithers. However, this role is based out of our Kamloops office.
We are open to considering hybrid and flexible arrangements, including working remotely for short periods of time.
Westrek offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
· Excellent salary.
· Company vehicle (must have current BC Driver’s license).
· Comprehensive benefits package.
· Flexible hours.
· Ability to work with a fantastic team.
· The potential to become part of the employee ownership program.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and you think Westrek might be a good fit for you, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to Jesse at [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,207.76-$126,588.38 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kamloops, BC