With direction and guidance from the Manager, Information Technology and in conjunction with end users, the SQL DBA / Database Administrator will participate in most phases of the development and problem solving methodologies in place at ClaimSecure.
- Coordinate and work with application developers and system administrators to develop database architectures, coding standards, and policies and procedures.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Develop and deploy end-user practices and tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes.
- Assist the system administrators to ensure database access, consistency, and integrity.
- Advise on the allocation of physical data storage for database systems.
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Work with end users to identify, create, and deliver programs according to requirements.
- Interpret and define user requirements.
- Perform analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation activities.
- Perform problem solving activities.
- Prepare and maintain system and database documentation.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent College diploma
- Certification as a SQL Server DBA
- Completion of a data modeling course
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Excellent understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function in a team environment
- PC literate and proficiency in MS OFFICE software
Job Type: Full-time
At ClaimSecure, we recognize we’re only as strong as our employees, and their strength lies in their satisfaction. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to attract and retain exceptional talent. Committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, we currently offer our employees the following benefits:
- A compressed work week that results in 20+ long weekends a year
- A comprehensive employee health benefit plan that includes travel insurance
- An employee assistance program that provides access to phone and in-person support from social service professionals
- Discounted corporate gym memberships
- Employee birthday’s off
- A casual dress policy
- Summer and winter employee appreciation events
- Anniversary celebrations based on years of service
- The option of five additional unpaid vacation days per year
- Personal days
- Free parking
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth through industry training
- Work from Home
- Flex Time
- Treadmill Workstations
- Support of local charities like the Sudbury food bank, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Toronto, and the local soup kitchen – to name a few
- Green initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint
Appreciating the number of hours’ employees spend on our premises, we also strive to make our workplace feel like a home away from home. With this in mind, we recently built a 55,000 square foot operations facility in the heart of Sudbury and remodelled our 13,000 square foot sales and service facility in downtown Mississauga.
Our Sudbury facility features the Fireside Lounge with comfy couches, big screen TVs and a working fireplace that employees can enjoy when their work doesn’t require them to be at their desks. Both facilities feature genuine, cafe-style dining areas that offer comfortable seating, pleasant lighting and all the appliances one might need to prepare their own lunch.
If you’re interested in joining ClaimSecure – Canada’s leader in online, real-time health and dental claims management and plan administration services – explore our current career opportunities now.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 to $51.00 /hour