Audit and Evaluation
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$111373.92 to $139217.40
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the VP, Audit and Evaluation.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will oversee the provision of independent, evidence-based and value-added evaluation services by leading and providing guidance to evaluators. You will also be responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive and reliable evaluation evidence is available to support policy and program improvement while providing input on effectiveness and efficiency of these initiatives. Your leadership experience and your evaluation expertise will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Undergraduate degree in social science, business administration, evaluation, economics, statistics.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience managing evaluation research projects from beginning to end and providing guidance to others, including external consultants and colleagues
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership position.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, research and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, using appropriate methodologies and statistical analysis and providing facts, evidence and conclusions to support internal and external decision-making.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of CMHC’s mandate, business objectives, policies, programs and products.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of logic models and Treasury Board guidelines on evaluations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop relevant, value-added recommendations and advice to clients.
- Advanced theoretical and specialized knowledge of standards and best practices relevant to evaluation activities and functions.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and work under tight time constraints.
- Credentialed Evaluator (CE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Canadian Risk Management (CRM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or post-graduate degree/certificate in public policy, program administration or program evaluation.
What you will be doing
- Maintains the Evaluation Framework including policies and guidelines, systems and practices as well as associated outsourcing, information security and technology considerations.
- Obtains feedback and responses from senior management including meaningful action plans to address reported recommendations.
- Manages the delivery of evaluation projects (plan, conduct, reporting, dissemination), including managing and guiding the work of external consultants to ensure compliance with contracted deliverables and oversees/reviews the quality of information and analysis contained.
- Monitors performance of the Evaluation function including progress against the plan and quality assurance reviews of evaluation activities.
- Manages the development of the annual multi-year risk-based evaluation plans taking into account priorities and resources while consulting with program managers and internal partners/stakeholders to establish priorities.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of feedback received from senior management and members of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to identify and assess opportunities for new projects or services.
- Provides ongoing management and oversight of the Evaluation function governance structure, strategy, mission and vision.
- Oversees the production of evaluation reports, including recommendations for senior management, Management Committee and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Ensures the usage of right quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to assess the relevance, effectiveness as well as the economy and efficiency of a program’s performance.
- Ensures that the evaluation team obtains sufficient evidence and traceable to support findings and conclusions.
- Identifies potential sensitive issues related to CMHC’s mandate, policies, programs and operations.
- Presents evidence-based findings, conclusions and recommendations that are supported by a rigorous evaluation process, in accordance with evaluation standards.
- Engages and supports third party consultants and build and manages effective working relationships with peers, internal clients, external contacts and senior management.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.