BD Diesel is hiring!
Are you a Mechanic looking to take your career to the next level with regular work hours, consistent pay and a chance to do something new? If so check us out below.
BD Diesel is looking for an experienced Mechanic to join our growing Transmission team. We are a fast paced, production based Automatic Transmission remanufacturing shop. We ship our products all over North America and are recognized as a premier brand that supports the diesel truck aftermarket. A growing shop looking for a long term addition with a can do attitude.
*We offer RRSP matching as well as quarterly incentive plans for all our employees.
Check out what others are saying about saying about working at BD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYnF9buQzX8
THE ROAD TO BETTER STARTS WITH YOU.
At BD Diesel Performance we're constantly striving not to be simply the best, but to be better. That road never ends, and engenders a culture that isn't satisfied with status quo, but of constant improvement. It means supporting employees with competitive wages, health benefits, and the tools they need. It means colleagues respecting, and supporting one another. It means better processes and better communication. Ultimately it means a better product.
Job Description/Roles and Responsibilities of Transmission Assembly Technician (Level III):
- Assemble automatic transmissions according to standard operating procedures to maintain company standards and ensure consistency in final product
- Test assembled transmissions on the in-house Dynamometer according to the company established standards to ensure the final product adheres to quality and functional standards
- Diagnose transmission warranty failures utilizing sound knowledge of transmission functionality
- Assist customer service representative team in end-user failure analysis
- Participate in the root cause analysis required for transmissions when they have non-conforming symptoms at the final testing stage before leaving the department
- Assemble and perform conformance testing on valve bodies according to standard operating procedures
- Train / mentor entry level technicians on transmission disassembly
- Disassemble transmissions and valve bodies, perform component quality checks and assess for serviceability
- Proactively request parts based on build requirements
- Work as part of the team to ensure production flow is maintained and support is given to the areas of the production line that is experiencing slow downs
- Red Seal Automotive Service Technician or Heavy Duty Mechanic (or equivalent knowledge through experience)
- ASE Certified in Transmission & Transaxle would be an asset
- Sound understanding of transmission hydraulic fundamentals
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience in transmission overhaul and gear trains would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
Minimum three years in an automotive repair / overhaul / production environment
How To Apply
Send your resume and be part of a team that is proud of its culture.
We greatly appreciate your interest as well as your application and will get back to you shortly after matching your skills to our requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$41.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2S 7W2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person