Freshstone Brands is a premier manufacturer of high quality prepared foods products that services the retail, foodservice, and co-manufacturing channels. our products include branded and private label entrees, salads, sides, appetizers, hand-held foods, and other prepared foods.
We are currently looking for motivated, reliable drivers to join our team!
· Competitive Wages
· Health & Dental Benefits
· Discounted Product
· Safe and fun work environment
To drive company vehicles, shunting raw and finished goods between FBI Manufacturing and Distribution buildings. Performs manual and mechanical material handling functions as well as sanitation functions for our distribution centre.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to federal and provincial legislation.
- Transfer raw and finished products, between FBI Manufacturing and Distribution
- Perform daily and period sanitation duties.
- Handle all products in a manner that protects product integrity
- Comply with temperature requirements and all Food Safety regulations
- Communicate and co-ordinate with fellow team members to ensure efficient work flow
- Work in a manner that ensures a safe working environment
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Proactively identify issues and solutions
- Performs other related duties as required
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Drivers must be currently licensed, insurable with clean CVOR driving record
- Must be in compliance with all federal and provincial legislation and M.O.T. regulations
- Az licence with 3 yrs accident free tractor trailer experience
- Capable to perform pre-trip inspections to ensure the equipment is in compliance with current safety legislation
- Must be physically capable of performing manual product handling
- Must work well in a team environments
- Forklift experience would be an asset
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Shipping/receiving experience an asset
- Experience in food processing plant preferred
- Limited exposure to refrigerated/frozen shipping/storage areas.
- Intermittent exposure to outdoor conditions (loading docks)
- Combination of standing/walking/lifting and sitting (computer work)
- Occasional stair climbing
- Available for afternoon shift and coverage on days where required.
If you have the required background and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume via email. Although we appreciate all interest for those that apply, we will only be contacting applicants whose experience and skills closely match our requirements.
Freshstone Brands is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Accommodations are available for persons with disabilities during all stages of the employment process. Please indicate if assistance is required to Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.65 /hour
- commercial driving with clean record: 3 years (Required)