The Operations Assistant is responsible for the administrative operations, which includes duties such as, day to day over the counter sales, directing customer inquiries, inventory reporting, mechanical repairs scheduling, drivers and operation administration. Promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations. The Operations Assistant will work closely with all levels of management and employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies are being implemented and followed. Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation, including TDG, DOT, CVSA, NSC and Permit Renewal for Commercial Fleet. The Operations assistant will provide orientation and training for employees; along with filing any appropriate documents to governing bodies regarding OSHA, Hazmat, etc.
- Record safety meetings with drivers, dispatch and operations personal and report on results. Follow up on all points to ensure matters are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist in the maintenance of all Health and Safety related training for each individual employee under area of responsibility.
- Ensure all equipment is being cared for appropriately
- Assist with the overall vision and direction of the internal operations.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve company performance
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Meet regularly with department heads/management; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between branches and/or departments
- Monitor and report on weekly and monthly logistics key performance indicator
- Setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the department
- Handle Customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from the departments
- Analyze the Customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide information more quickly and easily to Customers
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Assist with fleet management on company vehicles as necessary.
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific tank equipment requirements or requests for service.
- Assist Safety Coordinator with safety and health projects and initiatives.
- Monitor usage of supplies and identify inappropriate use and respond accordingly. Order necessary supplies.
- Resource for Drivers, drawing from personal relevant experience
- Provide regular and accurate reporting for all WCB incidents and injuries.
- Communicate to management and human resources as required
- Monitor and recommend corrective action.
- Maintain records of all Health and Safety related training in individual employee files.
- Assist Safety Coordinator with implementation and execution of Emergency Response in conjunction with CEDA
- Mentor Drivers on CVSA and relieve Edmonton Dispatch as required
- Maintain and update files for Drivers and Equipment
- Assist to Coordinate building repairs / maintenance
- Reporting any tank or monitor issues to Tank division
- Support revisions to company policies and initiatives regarding HSE, MSDS and hazardous task management as required.
- Ensure all Drivers and Equipment stay in compliance with the National Safety Code as well as, Alberta, BC, Sask., and Yukon Transportation Departments.
- Ensure CVIP and VKIP requirements are completed on Alberta Fleet
- Creation of practices and procedures
- Review of all Operations Vendor billing for AP approval.
- Performs other duties as required
- Maintain cardlock facility when scheduled
- Drivers hours of service compliance
- Tracking CVIP and VK inspections
- Order entry and filling orders from the warehouse for customer pick up
OTHER KEY SKILLS (or product knowledge)
- Warehouse Inventory control
- Work alone
- Handle emergency situations
- Accounting, bookkeeping, Microsoft Word, Excel
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office/yard setting. There may be a need to attend to situations on the work site. Lifting up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Exposure to noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils, seasonal temperatures both hot or cold may occur.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Some overtime and after hours’ work may be required.
Travel to Edmonton for training may be required.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
PROBLEM SOLVING (technical)
Resolving issues in inventory variance
PROBLEM SOLVING (interpersonal)
Dealing with hostile clients
Changing dispatch loading and deliveries as loads come in.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Working For AFD
AFD Petroleum Ltd. offers its team members competitive wages, paid training programs & educational reimbursement, future growth opportunities and an exceptional benefits package.
Get your career moving in the right direction and apply today.