Child Care Housekeeper
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Community & Social Services Department, Children's Services, Directly Operated Child Care Services
Casual Positions (Casual meaning “on-call”)
Shifts are 4 hours mid-day (usually 11:00 am to 3:00 pm), Monday to Friday
CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
$20.918 to $24.482 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
To be determined
Community and Social Services
- You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
Successful applicants meeting the employer's qualification standard will be added to the list of Casual
Housekeepers used to staff current and on-going requirements within the Municipal Child Care
Centres. Their names will also be placed on an Eligibility List for a period of one year from the closing date of
Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties to maintain a high standard of hygiene in municipal
child care centre while placing an emphasis on safety. Work is performed in accordance with corporate,
departmental and branch policies, procedures and guidelines, and the Early Years Act.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10.
A minimum of one (1) month experience in institutional housekeeping.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check to the
City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Various language requirements, locations may require English or French competencies.
French oral, reading required
English oral, reading required
- Accepted Municipal sanitary practices
- Ottawa Public Health requirements
- WHIMIS (Workplace Hazardous Material Information System)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Meet the required health and hygiene standards
- Take the initiative to spot clean where necessary
- Work around the children and their daily program
- Take and follow directions
- Adhere to schedules and routines
- Read labels on cleaning agents and follow instructions for use
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.