Our philosophy is “to be great you need to have great people”.Accordingly, we are always searching for “great people”. If you thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace we would be very interested in hearing from you.
A Day in YOUR Life as a Housekeeping Supervisor
Every person that enters a hotel should be greeted and feel like a guest! This is YOU on your first day of work and every work day after that. You walk in with a smile, say hello to passing guests and acknowledge your colleagues perhaps with a smile, nod or salutation. You are observing the cleanliness of the Public Areas and ensuring the early morning cleaning of these areas was completed to the high standards set forth for your team. You already have a feel for how your day is going to unfold based on the flow and noise level in the lobby and you aren’t even working yet! You make your way to the back of house and jump right into preparing for the days challenges of turning over all guest rooms and ensuring the housekeeping team has everything they need to be successful.
You will be preparing to see how you and your crew will tackle the days cleaning of guest rooms, public areas and laundry. Regardless of the time of day or length of shift you are ready to meet every guest with exceptional service, cleanliness and care and every team member with support and leadership! The Housekeeping Department is often known as the “heartbeat of the hotel” and you embrace this significant responsibility.
As the day begins, you focus on obtaining a list of rooms that have checked out, will be checking out or will be staying over. You already have a good idea of how this looks because you checked these numbers before you left yesterday (being organized and prepared makes your life so much more efficient and less stressful!) This will enable you to assist in the efficiently planning of the team’s day and prioritize the things that need to be completed before you go home for the day. Our guests may be here on a family vacation, an important business trip or even travelling for an emergency medical appointment. As the leader, you encourage your team members to get to know our guests and pick up on their behaviours, you all look for opportunities and encourage your team to go above and beyond to make our guests feel special. In order to help build this team, you take recruitment and training seriously. When it comes to cleanliness, your standards are high and so are our guest’s. Your team is laser focused on meeting these standards and you have all the checks and balances in place to ensure they are met. You are responsible for the cleanliness of the hotel, but also our assets. Linens and supplies are procured through suppliers that are cost efficient, meet standards and offer you the customer support you need. You have procedures in place to ensure these assets are maintained, stocked and treated with care. By the time you leave, you are more than satisfied that your guest rooms are impeccably cleaned, public areas are sparkling and all the laundry has been cleaned, folded and ready for the next round.
You take pride in your job and the hotel. You look for things that need to be corrected and communicate those opportunities through appropriate channels. The quality and cleanliness of the product is paramount!
Who you are and why is this important…
- Enthusiastic, Attentive and Approachable
- Ensuring our guests and teammates feel comfortable.
- Organized, Clean & Communicative
- Clear, concise communication between team members and guests alike creates a smooth operation.
- Effective Multi-Tasker
- Personal interactions, daily duties and on-going projects are always in play.
What happens behind the scenes of all those interactions…
- You follow company policies and standards such as sanitizing high touch areas and any other requirements for the processes as outlined in your standards;
- Ensuring stay over rooms are cleaned at a convenient time for our guests;
- Ensuring check-out rooms are cleaned in time for the days arrivals;
- Ensuring all public areas are organized and clean;
- Ensuring laundry is completed to meet the hotel’s daily needs;
- Procuring supplies and materials efficiently;
- Communicating with other departments to ensure any special requests are met in a timely fashion;
- Take on additional administrative tasks as set forth by your leaders;
- Maintain a calm and welcoming demeanor while multitasking to handle guest interactions at the same time as your daily tasks;
- Listen respectfully when guests have complaints. Empathize and work with the guest in an efficient manner to come to a resolution or loop in a manager if necessary to ensure the guest has a satisfactory resolution to their complaint;
- Follow all company and brand standards to
What are we looking for…
- Minimum of 1 year experience supervising a Hotel Housekeeping Department.
- Some experience in housekeeping/cleaner.
- Experience using Windows based software such as MS Excel.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- The understanding that SERVICE and CLEANLINESS are the keys to any successful hotel.
Thank you for your interest in our company, we hope you apply today!