- Inspecting trucks, cranes, trailers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
6 months -1 year ( Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- heavy equipment operator: 1 year (Preferred)