Our team is growing! Paradise Banquet and Convention Centre is a family owned and operated, first opening its doors in 1976. Specializing in weddings, ceremonies and special gatherings, this exciting and face paced environment is looking for a receptionist to join our office team!
- Respond to telephones, e-mails and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners and other parties.
- Refer all inquirer to the appropriate individuals, divisions or departments across the organization.
- Take and record telephones, e-mails, or written messages for staff members.
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence.
- Organize, maintain and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
- As the first contact, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and clients about special activities.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services and other correspondence.
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Ordering office supplies and keeping stock.
- In charge of preparing promotional packages and material for clients
- In charge of the photocopiers maintenance and supplies.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining the postage meter.
- Assisting other departments as needed.
- 1+ years of experience as a receptionist in a busy office environment.
- Have a passion for weddings and a deep interest in the event planning industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Computer-literate on Microsoft Office products and able to learn new systems with ease.
- Strong team player who can remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
Must be able to work on a consistent bases Monday to Friday from 4pm to 9pm.
All candidates should apply through indeed with their resume and cover letter.
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)