USNR is a premier global supplier of wood processing equipment and machinery. Ongoing employee training and technological upgrades ensure USNR is at the forefront of the industry. We actively seek talented individuals to help continue our tradition of innovation and market leadership.
USNR is seeking a self-motivated Mechanical Field Service Technician to join our Service team.
Services, installs and upgrades various mechanical equipment for the wood processing industry at customer sites. Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of service calls and regular site visits to ensure equipment meets quality and safety standards. Responds to and communicates effectively with customers, engineers, and project managers to ensure customer requirements are understood and resolved. Works irregular hours and overtime as required.
- Millwright and/or Fabricator trade qualifications or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Machine center alignment and installation
- Hydraulics and drives and lubricating systems experience
- Welding, fitting, and alignment of equipment
- Knowledge of the Sawmill, Planermill, and/or Plywood/OSB equipment.
- PLC knowledge and understanding (preferred but not required)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Computer experience writing reports in word processing program
- Ability to work effectively with customers
- Able to cross international borders and travel extensively to mill locations in North America and overseas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $36.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Millwright: 1 year (preferred)
Willingness to travel: