The Logistics Assistant is responsible for effectively supporting the coordination of day-to-day logistics operations of the company. This role is responsible for supporting inbound logistics nationwide while adhering to importing regulations of Canada and the USA.
This is 6 months full-time contract position with a possibility of extension of contract or conversion to a permanent full-time role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring shipments in transit, follow-up, tracking and tracing, problem identification and timely resolution.
- Prepares shipment documentation including but not limited to invoices, CCIs, and bills of lading.
- Coordinates suppliers, brokers and carriers ensuring smooth logistics operations.
- Identifies, compares and verifies shipment information.
- Communicates with different branches nationwide ensuring proper coding.
- Keeps track of purchase orders and updates the information regarding the same.
- Prepares documentation for international shipments.
- Responsible for fleet management by using internal logistics tracking system.
- Supports troubleshooting of logistics issues as required.
- Maintains logistics database for records management and future reference.
- Supports preparation of logistics performance measures.
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary diploma in logistics, operations, business or related field with minimum of 1 years’ work experience in logistics or supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience dealing with FTL and LTL shipments.
- Advanced computer skills in Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Very strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, able to identify issues, propose viable solutions, and implement appropriate changes.
- High attention to detail with time management skills.
- Results-oriented and organized, focused on producing high-quality work within tight timelines.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and high customer service focus.
- High energy team player, with a positive can-do attitude, flexible and adaptable to change.
Office environment with regular desk duties with exposure to:
- sitting at length;
- computer usage requiring manual dexterity for typing and visual concentration on screens.
Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time 6 months contract position with 40 hours of work in a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)