Who we are:
Montreal Vietnamese Alliance Church is under the umbrella of Alliance chrétienne et Missionaire au Québec (ACMQ). Our church was founded in 1975 when the first wave of Vietnamese refugees came to Montreal. Since then our church has been outreaching to the Vietnamese community in Montreal. As a growing ethnic church we need an assistant pastor who is fluent in Vietnamese to help the lead pastor in caring for our congregation and to expand God’s work among the Vietnamese people in Montreal.
· Helping people to know Jesus as their Savior, experience His love and the transforming power of His grace.
· The three main steps of our vision are: 1) Sharing (outreach). 2) Leading (conversion). 3) Transforming (discipleship).
· Christian Love: We are one Christian home where everybody is accepted, loved, and nourished to grow and be transformed into the image of Christ.
· Discipleship: It is a lifetime process for every Christian.
· Mission: A born-again Christian is a lifetime missionary.
· Stewardship: We aspire to live as faithful stewards upon every talent given to us from our Lord.
Meeting Place: 1455 Saint-Germain, Ville Saint-Laurent, QC H4L 3S7
Meeting time: Sunday 9:30am - 12pm
Average weekly attendance: 65 - 75
Department: Pastoral ministry
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Language requirements: Vietnamese.
Responsible for: 1) preaching, 2) leading Bible studies in small groups, 3) spiritual counselling, 4) visitation, 5) arranging Sunday service logistics, 6) organizing church activities, 7) outreaching, 8) connecting with our District Superintendent, 9) overseeing the growth of church ministries.
Allotted Hours: This is a full time Job from 35-40 hours per week. Must be present on Sundays from 9am till 1pm. The rest of the time will be allocated for the above mentioned responsibilities and also board meetings when needed.
Vacation: Starting at 2 weeks per year
Health benefits: Covered by the church
Salary: starting at $35.000 and will be reviewed and adjusted yearly
· Has acknowledged and surrendered his/her life to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
· College or University degree of Bible training.
· Proven ability to communicate God’s truth effectively through a variety of methods to fit different learning styles.
· Administrative experience related to managing and developing teams.
· Ability to comfort, encourage, and guide congregants and families during difficult life circumstances.
· Experience in church (or Christian organization) and community related to outreach ministry and program.
· Knowledge of curriculum and teaching methods.
· Must be fluent Vietnamese writing and speaking (French and English: optional)
The person suitable for this ministry must be in agreement with CMA Statement of faith and the church vision, as well as directional statement which describe the mission, vision and core values of the church.
The applicant must also possess the pastoral qualities described in 1 Timpthy 3:1-7.
· The minister needs to be spiritually mature, have spiritual gifts and experiences in the ministry, to lead and train the church members as to bring them to maturity in Christ.
· Co-working with the lead pastor and church board and leaders, the minister is to contribute to the church growth as to advance the kingdom of God in the Montreal Vietnamese community.
Requested documents: CV, cover letter, recommendation letter.
Reference ID: 1002
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Permanent
Salaire : 35 000,00 $ /année