At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives.
The qualifications we are looking for:
- Drives execution of Installed Sales, Special Order Sales (SOS), and Pro Sales
- Manages all inventory, merchandising, sales and customer service activities in departments such as Appliances, Cabinets, Flooring, Millwork, Home Décor and Paint
- Ensures a professional sales staff is in place at all times to drive and achieve business goals
- Teaches and demonstrates effective use of Lowe’s selling and service model
- Models the behaviors that are needed to deliver SMART customer service, maintain an in-stock position, and keep the store clean and safe for customers
- Identifies gaps in execution and sales opportunities through report analysis, observing sales interactions, role plays, and other feedback channels to create specific plans of action to drive improved sales and margin performance.
- Drives accountability of established and communicated sales expectations and goals through the Department Supervisors timely coaching and feedback of sales specialists.
- Works with leadership peers and staff throughout the store to ensure everyone plays their part in managing the daily sales pipeline and that details, leads, estimates, proposals and customer contacts are properly managed and fully leveraged by sales associates
- Ensures that sales associates leverage promotions across departments to improve close rates and drive sales
- Interviews, selects, develops and provides direct leadership over a team that support product categories in assigned area
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (in asset)
- 3 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
- 1 years of experience leading a performing sales team with direct reporting responsibility in retail, business to business, outside sales, or consumer service industry.
- Knowledge of product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets, appliances)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.