Our client Scotiabank is looking for a talented Java Developer (with experience in micro-services) to join their development team. We are IT Delivery Services consulting firm that's excited to offer our clients capabilities in numerous digital transformation and modernization initiatives.
As a part of this team, you will given an opportunity to work in an organization that's rapidly pivoting from traditional IT deliveries to becoming an agile & adaptive fin-tech leader.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- 60% backend and 40% Frontend development
- 7+ years of Java Development with 3+ years of Spring/Springboot Framework
- 3+ years of DB2 experience
- 1+ years of Azure experience
- Additional desired Skills: Hirbernate, JPA, JSF, Splunk, Sonarcube, Spring-Security, Spring MVC, FI Experience
Other Skills Needed
- JSON & REST services.
- CDP, PCF and Micro service deployment
- Experience working with Hibernate, JSF, Core Java, Springboot
- Ability to create/modify database schemas, writing SQL.: MySQL/DB2
- Comfortable with Linux/Unix environment : yes
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Previous bank or FI experience
- Experience in building Web based enterprise software systems
- Java and enterprise Java with Open source tools
- Expert implementation skills with frameworks like Spring, Spring MVC, Spring boot
- Experience in Test driven development and writing unit tests using JUnit
- Writing build/deploy scripts using Maven, ant & Jenkins
- Design, Develop, Integrate and support of high-performance & robust APIs
- Have a solid understanding of software development roles, processes and procedures in the context of Web and Database development
- Take responsibility for Design, Execution, Deployment and Quality of the deliveries
- Have experience with agile development methodology
- Contribute actively with Designing, Coding, Code reviews, testing and integrating the work
- Interface with multiple local and remote business and technical teams
- Guide the junior members in the team
- Have a keen eye for identifying improvement opportunities
The environment & teams here are extremely collaborative & dynamic! You will be supported by an Agile Coach and other members of the Agile community at Scotiabank. This isn't your average workplace. Our teams are frequently experimenting with new delivery methodologies, and exciting new technology stacks. Each week can offer a different perspective and pave the path for a unique delivery approach.
Please attach a copy of your resume with your application. Only qualified & experienced candidates will be considered for this role as it is for a Senior Developer.
Thank you, we wish you the best in your search for your next work opportunity!
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
- React: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)
- Front End Developer: 4 years (Preferred)