About Trophy Foods Inc.
Trophy Foods is Canada's leading supplier of high quality edible nuts, dried fruit and confectionery products. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality products, at the best value, through our direct channel of global grower relationships.
Trophy Foods Inc. is Canadian owned and operated with over 40 years of experience in serving our customers. We produce edible nuts, dried fruits, confectionery and bulk foods under our Trophy brand. We also work with grocery retailers, mass merchandisers, drug channel, and food service customers across the country to create and produce a wide variety of private label branded products.
Reports To: Production Management /Team Lead/Sr. Machine Operator
Overview: The Machine Operator B operates, sets up, changes over, troubleshoots and tends to a single packaging machine while performing such functions as filling, marking, labeling, banding, packing, or wrapping containers.
Hourly Rate: $17.60/hour ($0.60 per hour afternoon shift premium)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, start and observe operation of machine to detect any malfunctions.
- Stop machine and report malfunctions to supervisor. Ensure safety of line workers at all times.
- Make minor adjustments such as setting guides, gauges or clearing away damaged product packages.
- Feed product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unload packaged product.
- Run package materials and labels/film through machines.
- Replenish packaging supplies such as film, jars, cans, lids, boxes, cartons, tape, glue, ink, or labels.
- Inspect filled packages to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Sort, pack, crate and package finished product.
- Maintain shift logs of production information and other data.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area according to company’s GMP’s, sanitation procedures and frequency.
- Oversee work of General Labourers to ensure production requirements are being met.
- Follow HACCP Procedures. Complete all forms and records as set out by HACCP – Trophy Foods Inc.
- Comply with company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout Procedures, GHS etc.
- Report safety hazards, equipment and QA issues immediately to Supervisor.
- Other duties, responsibilities and assignments as required by the Supervisor or management.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or post-secondary diploma or;
- Two to three years related experience as a machine operator or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use power jack is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computers is an asset.
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously
- Walking, lifting, climbing stairs, and carrying heavy objects that weigh 13-25kg, reaching with hands and arms.
- Frequent requirement to lift heavy objects over the shoulder level, see different colours, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel and to push and pull product with a paddle.
- Constant exposure to noise levels over 85dB, airborne particles, vibrations, and humidity.
- There is regular exposure to moving parts which may carry an extreme risk or accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses (talk, listen, look) used in co-ordination to ensure the product is prepared according to schedule.
- Ability to apply common sense to problems involving mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplication, and dividing and written or oral instructions.
- Ability to carry out simple step-by-step instructions.
- Work and environment are very repetitious/unchanging.
- There is noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Speak with a supervisor if the work or the environment is causing mental stress.
Trophy Foods Inc. has created policies and procedures to meet the required Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require any accommodations, please let us know how we can best meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.60 /hour
- Packaging Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)