Intake: provide patients with an overview of their addiction treatment program and associated program expectations, agreements and consents, taking full patient drug, medical and emotional histories, and providing brief counselling.
- Electronic Medical Records/Recording (EMR): ensuring all patient documents are scanned into patient's EMR's (and filed into their physical charts), booking and checking-in patients for their appointments.
- Urine Drug Screening (UDS): testing patient's biweekly urine samples for the presence and/or absence of illicit drugs, prescription medication or alcohol, monitoring urine samples, preparing monthly broad spectrum toxicologies for lab processing.
- Liaising with Service Providers: connecting with Northwood Recovery's practitioners and service-providers across various access points in Ontario through the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN), communicate with pharmacy technicians and pharmacists for prescription clarifications, connecting with other service-providers in the circle-of-care.
- Administrative Assisting: ensure all patient documents are filed into their physical chart (and filed into their EMR), ensuring that all documents to be faxed are sent out in a time-sensitive manner, answering phones and taking messages on behalf of patients and other service providers in the circle-of-care.
- Patient Flow: ensuring that patients are checked-in to see their practitioner or service-provider in a time-sensitive manner, ensuring that the order of patient's checked-in is accurate and flowing smoothly, directing patients to the practitioner's office when they are ready, un-checking patients and re-checking-in patients as the waiting room changes.
- 1 - 2 years experience as a medical administrative assistant in a medical office, or experience in a similar setting or 1 - 2 years experience in an addiction-focused field.
- Medical or Office Administration Diploma and/or Addiction-related Diploma (Mental Health & Addiction Worker, Addictions & Mental Health, Addictions: Treatment & Prevention, or similar Diploma)
- Knowledge of harm-reduction and medically-assisted addiction treatment is an asset.
- Knowledge of DSM-5 addiction and mental disorders and psychoactive substances and medications is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as computer skills are mandatory.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour