Who we are:
The Office of the Corporate Chief Information Officer (OCCIO) leads the Information and Information Technology (I+IT) organization of approximately 4,100 staff, which is responsible for all the IT infrastructure, systems and support for the province. I+IT is a complex organization that balances corporate and ministry business needs. Made up of corporate areas that focus on training, reporting and outreach; infrastructure; service management; cyber security; and architecture and standards, the OCCIO is the owner and overseer of the government's I+IT strategy. I+IT clusters enable technology solutions to support the strategic objectives of currently 24 ministries and deliver a broad scope of products and services in the face of changing and competing priorities, policy changes, and government directives.
Enterprise Financial Systems Branch (EFSB)
The Enterprise Financial Systems Branch (EFSB) is the I&IT team responsible for the operation and support of the IFIS Application Suite and related Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems. IFIS is the second largest Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) implementation in North America, supporting over 50,000 IFIS usersThe Enterprise Financial Systems Branch (EFSB) is the I&IT team responsible for the operation and support of the IFIS Application Suite and related Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems. IFIS is the second largest Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) implementation in North America, supporting over 50,000 IFIS users
EFSB is accountable for the ongoing technical operation of IFIS and its stability, security and reliability. EFSB also leads the development, sustainment and maintenance of the IFIS application and other extensions and modules to enable financial users to conduct financial business transactions and reporting.
The Enterprise Financial Services & Systems Division, requires a highly skilled and innovative database administrator to provide senior-level technical support for the design, development and operations of current and future IT Cluster database and application systems. You will provide technical leadership in the configuration, customization, implementation, and maintenance of Oracle Hyperion EPM and other application systems.
About the OPS
The Ontario Public Service is one of the largest employers in the province, employing more than 60,000 people. Every day we are modernizing government operations and improving public services. We have a wide range of meaningful and rewarding career opportunities in communities across Ontario. We welcome new ideas and new people, encourage learning and development, and reward achievement. No matter the position, we live the core values of trust, fairness, diversity, excellence, creativity, collaboration, efficiency and responsiveness.
What a career in the OPS can offer you
The OPS is committed to be an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
In addition to flexible work arrangements, collegial and professional work culture, career growth and development and on-the-job training to help you succeed, we offer a competitive total compensation package, which includes an attractive salary and may include the following:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, which cover adoptive parents
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Life and disability insurance
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Support production and development systems to ensure availability, integrity and performance levels
- Support critical business operational requirements for database and application systems, installation, maintenance, optimization, monitoring, trouble shooting and back-up and recovery services
- Provide technical guidance and expert advice to application development teams
- Research, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions
- Perform daily administration functions and change management in support of IT operations
- Provide on-call and after hours support services, weekends and holidays to resolve system related problems as required.
How do I qualify?
Database Administration Knowledge:
Communication, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management theories, principles and techniques and practices to design, develop and test systems solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience and expert knowledge of Oracle RDBMS on Unix. Expertise required in database creation, upgrade, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Hands-on experience supporting Hyperion EPM installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience supporting OBIEE installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience supporting ODI installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience supporting WebLogic Application Server configuration, monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Unix (Solaris) and Windows Server OS. Using Unix and Windows utilities and commands to troubleshoot issues; perform installation, maintenance and monitoring of Oracle products.
- Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting RAC, ASM, Data Guard, OEM.
- Oracle OAM/OUD implementation and SSO integration of OBIEE and Hyperion.
- Experience and knowledge of IT Service Management best practices (Change, Configuration, Problem and Incident Management).
Application Development Knowledge:
- Oral and written communication skills to prepare business cases, conduct feasibility studies, and to prepare and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills to provide technical solutions for business requirements; diagnose Oracle performance problems; provide technical solutions to infrastructure related issues
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of business design, systems analysis, design and development, acceptance and performance testing and related methods, including the application development life-cycle using the appropriate methodology
- Knowledge of data and information architecture
1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Tuesday, January 21, 2020