Founded in 1953 in Brampton, Ontario, the Pet Science Group of Companies is Canada's leading wholesale supplier of products, services and solutions for pets, pet supply retailers, and veterinarians carrying the industry's broadest selection of premium products for pets and their owners.
Daily responsibilities are, but not limited to the following operations;
- Loading and unloading trucks, manually and with equipment, ensuring all orders are completed for the following days delivery.
- Ensure all Employees are following all SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Schedule optimized driver routes based on orders and pickups.
- Wrap pallets, consolidate orders from other departments and route skids according to driver routes.
- Consolidate and prepare paperwork for orders and drivers.
- Receiving new inventory and associated paper work.
- Shipping inventory and associated paper work.
- Inventory counts.
- Process shipping returns.
- Reconciling inventory differences, removing damages, adjusting for variances.
- Assist in warehouse safety, cleanliness and waste disposal.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure everyone is working efficiently.
- Reporting attendance and punctuality.
- Reports to warehouse manager.
- 4 years experience in Distribution/warehousing environment.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Strong focus on tasks and deadlines.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Flexible, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for a period of 10 hours.
- Able to be constantly moving for a period of 10 hours.
- Fork lift certification required.
- Must be able to operate a manual, electric and ride on pallet jack.
- Must be able to operate counter balance and reach forklifts.
- Must be able to operate an order picker, Scissor lift and auto scrubber floor cleaner.
- Good computer skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our organization, however please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Company Pension Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Language: English - Fluent (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Managing 12+ employees: 4 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)