Under the direction of the Hospitality Manager, the Dietary Associate distributes and serves Residents’ food and beverages in accordance with Alavida Lifestyle’s policies, individual’s needs and preferences and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Serves and delivers meals to Residents in a pleasant and courteous manner
- Assists the cook in preparing and plating of food as requested
- Ensures the Residents’ likes and dislikes are respected and knows and adheres to special dietary requirements of the Residents
- Cleans serveries, tables, food storage area, fridges and freezers as required
- Removes dirty dishes from tables and cleans and resets tables
- Loads, operates and empties dishwasher
- Damp mops floors and vacuums as necessary
- Attends associate education as required
- Lives the Vision, Mission, Values and Service Standards of the Organization
- Completion of a recognized Food Handler training program is preferred
- Knowledgeable about proper food handling and storage procedures
- Ability to understand and follow orders so as to serve food correctly and attractively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be empathetic
- Is a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Lifting alone, maximum 40 lbs. (5-29 lbs. usual), as an essential job function.
- Lifting with assistance, maximum 150 lbs. (100 - 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential job function.
- Pushing/pulling, maximum 160 lbs., (100 – 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential activity
- Walking, with some upstairs walking, as an essential job function.
- Standing for lengths of time up to 3 hours maximum at one time, as an essential job function
- Bending/stooping for short periods of time as a non-essential job function.
- Crouching, kneeling for short periods of time as a non-essential function.
Alavida Lifestyles is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Alavida Lifestyles will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Serving : 1 year (Preferred)