Rozen Steelworks specializes in the fabrication of pressure piping, power piping, and structural steel. We have just opened our second shop and are taking on even more project work as we continue to grow. We are currently looking for a dedicated Senior Structural Steel Estimator to join the Rozen Steelworks team.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 4:30pm. This is a full-time position.
- Perform weld take offs/weld counts for piping isometrics
- Review proposal specifications and preliminary drawings for field to determine scope of work and determine the quantity of materials and labour required for the project (takeoff process) and any other factors that may impact overall cost.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing
- Analyzes site conditions, specifications, safety requirements, and takeoff quantities and determines the optimum equipment for hoisting, access, as well as all labour for surveying, erection, bolting, fieldwork to existing, safety required for the project and inputs the data into a spreadsheet.
- Solicit pricing from steel providers, vendors and suppliers for equipment and materials costs, in order to ascertain the lowest price.
- Calculate man hours required for all associated work with the project. Coordinates the efficient balance between shop work and field work.
- Budgets equipment/material/labour costs for projects
- Consult with internal experts to validate man hours, materials and/or equipment requirements.
- Compare bid drawings to construction drawings to price out any changes
- Recalculate estimates in response to any client/architectural specification changes, as required
- Implement estimating best practice and procedures to ensure consistency in estimating deliverables to projects
- Complete final cost estimate of projects through the use of in-house software systems
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in engineering, Construction Technology or equivalent technical field required
- 5 years’ experience in the Steel Fabrication/construction industry and extensive experience estimating small- and large-scale construction projects
- Experience with complex estimating concepts, practices and procedures including conceptual estimating, cost analysis, mathematical skills, and project design scopes
- Construction Site Experience
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid procedures
- Knowledge of Cost Estimating principles
- Tekla software knowledge
- Knowledge of field safety, cranes, equipment, and union requirement
- Proficiency with estimating and design software (Tekla and Bluebeam)
- Able to read drawings and models
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail Oriented – thorough in all details
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, strong analytical critical and creative thinking skills, self-motivated and results driven
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits package;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Blueeam/Tekla software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Steel Fabrication/Steel Fabrication Estimation: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Estimation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Spruce Grove, AB (Preferred)