Work Location: Downtown Toronto
Part time, everyday from 2-6pm and 10-6pm on P.A Days, March Break and other school holidays in accordance with the TDSB school calendar,
March to June; with the possibility of extension.
Salary/Rate: $23 per hour + 4% vacation, paid on every pay.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 2-6pm OR, 10-6pm on P. A Days, March Break and other school holidays in accordance with the TDSB school calendar.
4 hours per day OR approximately 21 hours per week, Monday to Friday to include staff meetings and weekly program planning.
RECEs must be Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators Ontario
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Date: December 4, 2019
Closing Date: January 5, 2020
- Membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators Ontario (paid by candidate).
- Current Standard first aid + Infant Child CPR.
- WHIMIS, Occupational Health, Human Rights, AODA, Violence in the Workplace, Food Handling Certificate are assets.
- Must swim be able to swim /supervise children in the pool.
- Two + years experience working with school age children of varying needs.
- Working knowledge the Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), Public Health regulations, Child Care Early Years Act, ELECT Framework & How Does Learning Happen?
- Clearly speak and write in English.
- If hired, a Current valid Police Reference Check for Vulnerable Sector will be needed (paid by candidate)
- If hired, up to date immunization records as recommended by Public Health (TB Test/Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio/ Influenza) or affidavit (paid by candidate).
- If hired, a doctor's note stating that candidate is healthy and physically able to work with children is required to be on file on first day of employment (paid by candidate).
- Must wear appropriate clothing attire and footwear suitable for a daycare centre.
- Artistic ability including visual /fine arts, dance, theater, puppetry, drama, sports, gardening, etc. are assets, as is speaking a second language.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Your primary responsibilities as will varied and not limited to the list below. Specifically, you will:
- Research, plan, implement weekly age appropriate art focus experiences suitable for school-age children based on their immediate needs and philosophy of the program.
- Ability to plan in conjunction with the ELECT Framework & How Does Learning Happen? And AQI.
- Establish and carry out weekly programming that incorporates a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor and individual/group activities.
- Disinfect, clean and maintain environment. This includes: disposing of garbage, laundry, remedying unsafe conditions, daily playground and indoor safety checks, refrigerator cleaning, taking food temperature, disinfecting toys and equipment on a monthly basis.
- Pick up children from neighbouring schools and escort them to the centre on a daily basis
- Cross reference attendance throughout the day
- Support children of varying needs with snack serving, organizing, tidying up.
- Provide positive social experiences including sharing, co-operation, respect for others & self sufficiency; facilitates and understands a variety of cultures & value systems; provides experiences & play materials that actively promote anti-bias attitudes.
- Become familiar with rules of various sports and cooperative games and facilitate these.
- Restock, disinfect and rotate supplies and materials
- Obtain appropriate supplies for planned projects, check area, ensure toys and equipment are safe and sanitary; set up area and tidies up same. Be responsible for petty cash purchases for the centre when assigned.
- Swim (go in the water) and supervise childrenincorporating safety as well as carrying out water experiences.
- Work irregular hours at times for fund-raising events, after hours staff meetings, training sessions, discussions of children's progress with parents/designated guardian, resource teachers and answering questions as needed.
- Assist with routine & non-routine situations, work in conditions involving exposure to bodily fluids, infectious diseases, frequent high noise levels & occasional inclement weather. Medium to heavy lifting is involved.
- Work independently and within a transdisciplinary / interdisciplinary team setting, managing time & workload effectively
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment following Public Health & the Child Care Early Years Act regulations
- Apply fair, progressive and consistent disciplinary methods in accordance with the program statement and the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Maintain awareness of policy changes. Adhere to policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Other responsibilities as per job description.
How to Apply: Submit the following to our email address. On the subject line
write: RECE 2020 Position
1. A cover letter
3. A list of 3 - 4 experiences that you have implemented with 6-12 year olds.
4. References (3 work related, or 2 work related and a non-family character reference)
DO NOT CONTACT OUR OFFICE REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION. We thank all applicants for their interest, unfortunately only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $23.00 /hour
- working with School Age children.: 2 years (Required)