The Cash Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the operations of the cash department. The manager provides and maintains a safe and healthy environment for all employees and customers of Organic Garage.
- Provide superior customer service and deal with customers complaints or concerns
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising and operational standards
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the store
- Schedule staff and verify attendance and payroll records
- Maintain adequate staffing to ensure that customer wait time is minimized
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures
- Oversee the readiness of the department, the quality of the product for sale, the appearance of the counters, the appearance of staff and the cleanliness of retail areas at all times
- Determine Cash Department areas for improvement and institute changes to address concerns
- Responsible for collecting contents of cash registers at the end of each shift and delivering funds to the office.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy in financial transactions and reports
- Maintain security and confidentiality of financial records.
- Develop professional knowledge on cash management processes and techniques
- Works to resolve all system related issues
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, and twisting
- Repetitive Action- Keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools. Scanning items.
- Flexibility: Cash Department Manager might be asked to work nights, weekends and extended hours.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Must have 1-3 years Cashier experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or other Business-related course of study preferred
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety legislation, policies and practices
- Must be able to lead support and contribute to team goals
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Basic math and memorization skills
- Must be good with Microsoft Office
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year