Journeyman Automotive Technician
Mercedes-Benz Heritage Valley
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Mercedes-Benz Heritage Valley is an AutoCanada dealership. We are looking for an experienced Automotive Technician to join our growing team! You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements and providing accurate repair recommendations to our customers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to mentor, coach and train apprentices within the dealership.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation
- Competitive Journeymen rates ($35-$40 Flat Rate)
- Health and dental benefits
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
- Preventative maintenance as it relates to repairing or replacing worn parts.
- Follow a process to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect parts such as: like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools, equipment, machine tools and common hand tools.
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
- Prepare estimates requirements.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostics and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
- Mentor, coach, train and support the development of apprentices in the dealership.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must possess a provincially recognized Journeyman Automotive Mechanic Certificate.
- Red Seal Certification is considered an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses is considered an asset.
- Experience working on Volkswagen vehicles is preferred.
- Familiarity with Volkswagen diagnostics and electrical schematics.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and using to use power and hand-held equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.