Prism Eye Institute is celebrating 50 years of service this year to the community through an innovative collaboration, Credit Valley Eye Care, Osler Eye Care, and GoEyeCare: the same doctors and locations you know and trust, but offering new services, procedures and technologies. As Prism, we continue to focus on the best patient experience and best practices in the eye care spectrum.
Prism is currently looking for a Front Desk Receptionist, initially for a six month contract, to join our amazing team. Front Desk Reception is responsible for greeting and checking-in patients, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed, maintaining up to date patient records in the electronic medical record system, and providing a high level of customer service.
- Have a passion or interest in the medical field.
- Greet patients respectfully, pleasantly, professionally and be able to convey concern, relate tactfully and sympathetically at all times.
- Understand and administer the patient registration and informed consents.
- Check in patients in a timely and efficient process to assist in a smooth overall patient experience and workflow.
- Ability to provide accurate and adequate information around wait times to patients and drivers.
- Ensure proper documentation is recorded in patient logs and office communications using electronic medical record system (Oscar).
- Confirmation and update process of appointments well in advance to inform patients of their appointments.
- Verify OHIP Eligibility to ensure adequate coverage, if not inform patient of fees.
- Demonstrate reliability, cooperation and demonstrate positive attitudes to support a pleasant environment.
- Assist patients with mobility issues (open front doors).
- Performs additional administrative responsibilities as needed or delegated by the management team.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- medical receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)