Stellar (www.stellar.aero) is reimagining and revolutionizing business aviation. We’re bringing together advanced technologies to build the Stellar Marketplace, an independent, business-to-business, online exchange for business aviation, and the industry’s most modern, web and mobile based flight-operations platform. With a new technology platform, built from the ground up for this purpose, Stellar will make business aviation simple, transparent and accessible. Our people are what will make this exciting transformation possible.
Our Front-End Engineers work closely with designers, product managers and backend teams to build the user experiences of our web applications. They utilize state-of-the-art web technologies to ensure our products look and work great on all screen sizes, are intuitive and easy to use. We are looking for an experienced developer to join our Front-End development team.
Who We're Looking For:
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Backend teams to create responsive performance web applications
- Develop and maintain UI Component Library
- Collaborate and help drive utilization of RESTful backend services
- Participate in scrum ceremonies such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospectives
- Participate in full-stack scrum teams (FE, BE, Product Owners, QA) to deliver working software frequently
- Create and maintain FE unit tests
- You are passionate about technology and eager to learn.
- You make your team better - helping others and seeking help when needed to meet our goals.
- You balance speed now with long term sustainability. You think long term while delivering now.
- You are highly motivated and productive.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have rigorous attention to detail, ask tough questions and commit to team decisions.
- You bring practical, goal oriented thinking to a fast-paced start-up environment
- You enjoy having fun at work
- Experience developing with Angular 4+ (highly preferred) or Angular 2 framework
- Experience with TypeScript
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent (desirable)
- Data visualization experience using D3.js, SVG, Canvas, etc.
- Experience with modular, component based UI development (Web Components)
- Knowledge of native DOM and Event API's
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies
- Familiarity and comfort with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams
- Familiarity with HATEOS and HAL concepts
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability
Additional requirements for Senior Front End Engineer
Nice to Haves:
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant front end development experience of which 3+ years in Angular 4/5/6
- Hands on experience with distributed multi-tenant cloud native applications, their design and challenges.
- Experienced in Test Driven Development
- Experience with frontend UX performance tuning for webapp responsiveness
- Experience working with responsive design for different device types
- Experience with RxJS
- Backend Java server-side experience or exposure (e.g. SpringBoot)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive salary & equity based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Company Social Events
- Get in on the ground floor of a highly-collaborative, rapidly growing start-up disrupting the aviation industry
- Note: Perks are subject to change in company's discretion